Oil and Gas Service Company is seeking a full-time Environmental Specialist in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex to be an expert in environmental regulations as they pertain to oil pollution prevention, controls and countermeasures in the oil and gas industry. This candidate must be willing to travel and conduct field work on occasion.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Required
- Experience with SPCC regulatory requirements and application of SPCC Plans in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience training, authoring and tracking status of SPCC Plans and working with operations to resolve SPCC compliance issues.
- Experience in identifying changes that materially affect oil and gas sites spill potential for SPCC updates.
- Review oil and gas sites’ existing storage tanks, processing vessels, and associated piping/oil and water loading areas.
- Inspect/confirm/update secondary containment capacity calculations for all tanks, storage areas, loading racks, piping, etc.
- Verify spill/overfill prevention equipment and responsible personnel information
- Investigate all facility changes since previous plan.
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations and standards and their applicability to oil and gas operations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, research, compile, and prepare permit applications, logs, reports, and correspondence and company responses to agency requests.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, research, and interpret governmental regulations, equipment performance manuals, regulatory agency guidance and instructions, reports, correspondence, and company policies and procedures.
- Experience with Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) State/Federal regulations desired.
- Experience with NORM regulations as they pertain to the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in oilfield remediation/site restoration. Initial site assessment, soil testing and remedial design.
- Experience in use and function of office equipment including computers and applicable software.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
- Must be positive, self-motivating, flexible, ethical, reliable, determined, and able to multi-task.
- Must be professional, work well with others in a team oriented fast paced environment.
- At least three (3) and up to seven (7) years of experience in an environmental compliance role is typical for this position, but years in the position is not as relevant as the application of knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental sciences or related.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (state certifications may vary).
- Ability to obtain P.E. certifications in additional states where required.
- Knowledgeable of Federal, State, and Local oil pollution prevention and water quality laws.
- 7 years of experience of SPCC plan completion for the oil and gas industry.
- Background in environmental permitting.
- Background in reporting and recordkeeping for Tier II, SPCC, SWPPP, NPDES, and DOT.
- Applicable driver’s license for travel to other locations and to job sites throughout the company.
- Insurable as it pertains to motor vehicles.
- Mobility to travel in and around office surroundings and to other business locations.
- Ability to operate tools and equipment required.
- Ability to collect environmental field samples (air, water, and waste) for analysis.
- Communicate and/or exchange information.
- Communicate effectively through the development of written communication that applies fundamental technical writing skills.