ONLINE CLIENT RESOURCES
· Vapor Testing (PTE)
· Vapor Recovery Units (VRU)
· Wellhead Compression
· Burner Management Systems (BMS)
· Vapor Combustor Units (VCUs)
· Dual Flares
· Method 22
· Unit Performance Reporting (UPR)
· Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR)
· Pressure Relief Valve (PSV) Testing
· Right-Size Your Fleet
CLICK HERE TO BROWSE BROCHURES
OTA’s expert technical staff and field service personnel are on call ALL DAY, EVERYDAY.
OTA is aware of the operating costs incurred by compression applications. Our equipment is built in-house and tailored to meet the specific needs of our customers regarding price and application. OTA has effectively evolved an extensive line of equipment allowing more flexibility, precision, efficiency and simple maintenance. Whether you lease or purchase, OTA stands by its products and services throughout the life of the machine.
Are your current compressors over-sized? Over-sized compressors translate to higher overhead as a result of excessive maintenance costs, fuel gas, oil usage, and multiple other factors. Allow OTA to correctly size your compression fleet and increase your profitability!
YOUR VAPOR RECOVERY SOLUTIONS COMPANY™
Back to top...
Low gas prices demand lease operating expenses (LOE) to be reduced.
Compression rental and operating costs are some of the most significant component of LOE.
Evaluating and right sizing your wellhead compressor can reduce costs in multiple ways.
Right sized compressors offer non-economic benefits as well.
• Smaller HP units are more flexible
• Continuing volume and discharge pressures create more demand for smaller HP unit
• Easier for operating companies to maintain
How to Size Your Unit
A single calculation for a single or two stage unit can be used to determine the compressor horsepower needed to achieve the desired outcome.
Suction = 0psi Discharge = 70psi
Rate = 50 MCFD Single Stage
BHP = 0.022 (85*/15*)50 = 6.2HP
Suction = 0psi Discharge = 200psi
Rate = 50 MCFD Two Stage
BHP = 0.047 (215*/15*) 50 = 8.9HP
Economic Advantages of Right Sizing
REDUCE ENGINE OIL CONSUMPTION
• The larger the ventilated crankcase, the more oil that is exhausted to the atmosphere.
• The older the engine, the more oil that leaks past the piston rings and valve seals, then goes
out the exhaust pipe.
REDUCE COMPRESSOR OIL CONSUMPTION
• The larger the compressor, the more oil it takes to keep it lubricated.
• Rule of thumb—a compressor will use its crankcase oil volume every month.
ELIMINATE NEED FOR EMISSIONS TESTING
New legislation mandates emissions testing on units ≥ 25HP
• Regular testing can cost $3,000.00 a year
• Failing to remain in compliance will result in expensive fines
REDUCE RENTAL COST
• Larger units usually means larger rent rates
Advantages of certified engines
• No FTIR testing
• Only spot checking
REDUCE FUEL GAS CONSUMPTION
• An “oversized” engine can consume 20-50% more
fuel gas than a properly sized engine due to heat
losses and poor load utilization.
• This could result in a daily savings ranging from 6
Mcf to 20 Mcf per day. At a gas price of $3.00/Mcf,
this results in daily savings ranging from $18 to $60
or monthly savings of $540 to $1,800!
Back to top...
Copyright© 2014 OTA Compression, LLC Website Design by Life in Motion